Pyramid Systems, Inc. - Service, ARCHIBUS Services
CAFM & GIS Solutions |
ARCHIBUS Services |
GIS Solutions |
ARCHIBUS Modules |
Pyramid Java Viewer |
Pyramid is focused entirely on consulting and implementation activities in support of ARCHIBUS solutions. ARCHIBUS is the leading software product for sophisticated enterprise level computer aided facilities management and integrated workplace management. We are one of a very select number of small businesses who are ARCHIBUS business partners in good standing, and who can offer a proven track record of delivery in the government market. Members of our CAFM practice operate with proven configuration, implementation, integration, and consulting methodologies. These methodologies are in alignment with our CMMI Maturity Level 3 processes, providing an additional layer of overall project command and control and quality management.
Our CAFM practice is differentiated in the following ways:
- Experience on large-scale and complex ARCHIBUS implementations
- Full-service consulting, design, training, delivery, and maintenance and support capabilities
- Deep experience integrating ARCHIBUS with external systems for building management, ERP, personnel directories, AutoCAD, and others
- Complete flexibility in constructing long-term support packages in alignment with client needs
- Proven nationwide deployment capability, including up-front consulting at remote locations, on-site installation and configuration, on-site training, and national and local support
- Proven experience supporting geospatial information management systems, based on our consulting partner status with ESRI, the #1 provider of GIS technology
Pyramid has deep credentials in the following:
- Business advisory and consulting capability to support needs analysis, new systems planning, implementation planning, and end-to-end documentation of the project. We bring understanding, experience, and the right personnel to our projects.
- Execution capability to drive the effective deployment of the ARCHIBUS solution in a complex government environment with complex integration requirements, particularly those related to GIS, AutoCAD, and general asset mapping. We offer expertise in meeting the complex systems integration aspects of any ARCHIBUS deployment.
- Final system testing, piloting, and user acceptance testing to ensure the configured environment meets or exceeds all expectations of the user community. We have proven best-practices based methodologies for moving the new system into production in a manner that is non-disruptive, while at the same time ensuring comprehensive alignment of the configured environment with end user requirements.
- Training capabilities and courseware to meet the needs of all government employees and other stakeholders interacting with the new system.
- Technical support and corrective/perfective maintenance offerings that align with client needs and that can be configured to make the best use of vendor personnel and internal personnel.
- Proven track record of working with government CAFM clients to ensure functional and strategic objectives are met with respect to facilities and infrastructure management. We bring an intense focus on creating value for the client.
We have performed two successful complex implementations for the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Internal Revenue Service. Additionally, we are active with other federal agencies supporting their ongoing asset, inventory, workplace management, and facilities management needs.
Pyramid has successfully executed approximately $4 million in ARCHIBUS related services for the IRS and their ARCHIBUS-based Graphic Database Interface (GDI) System, which supports their Asset Management Plan (AMP) in accordance with Executive Order 13327, "Federal Real Property Asset Management," and the principles set forth by the Federal Real Property Council. The GDI system features an extensive Web-based implementation of the ARCHIBUS solution suite and other Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) products, including AutoCAD. GDI provides IRS employees access to accurate and up-to-date information about the Internal Revenue Service's 30 million square feet of space in 750 facilities as well as information on more than 100,000 full- and part-time occupants.
The Facilities Integrated Resource Management System (FIRMS), operated by the Department of Housing and Urban Developmentís (HUD) Office of Administrative and Management Services (OAMS), is an enterprise-level Total Infrastructure and Facilities Management (TIFM) system based on ARCHIBUS, used to manage HUDís equipment, furniture, leases, and space inventory. Since its inception in 2001, Pyramid has been an integral part of the evolution of FIRMS. During this time, Pyramid has performed COTS product upgrades, provided business process improvement studies, developed training materials, delivered nationwide training, and implemented an intranet-based interface called iFIRMS, which allows OAMS personnel nationwide to access the information in FIRMS.
Pyramid has also provided asset and inventory management business support services to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). For the SEC, Pyramid provided property management consulting services to support SECís effort in re-engineering the current property management process, revising regulations and policy, and developing transition and implementation plans. Pyramid assisted SEC in planning, designing, enhancing, modifying, and recommending processes, and documenting policy for improving SECís asset/property management system.
Highlights of our ARCHIBUS delivery approach include the following:
- Ability to use ARCHIBUS directly for customer training or provide training through our own personnel and courseware that has been adapted from ARCHIBUS. We are able to meet the needs of particular user groups (executive versus maintenance worker or system administrator) through tailored training workshops.
- Use of expert survey firms for completing the space management data collection tasks, if there are such requirements associated with the deployment.
- Application of the Pyramid Solutions Development Methodology, which is based on Agile and RAD concepts, allowing stakeholders to more effectively see results and provide feedback during the configuration process.
- Quality practices that are CMMI Maturity Level 3 rated. The result of our quality management activities is an ARCHIBUS implementation that meets or exceeds client expectations for functionality, usability, and ongoing performance.
- Effective re-use of specialized tools and processes for integration of ARCHIBUS to external systems, as needed (such as GIS).
Pyramid is also positioned to provide corrective maintenance, adaptive maintenance, perfective maintenance, ongoing enhancement, and all other operational support activities that might be required by a customer.
For some customers, we offer a block of hours for corrective, adaptive and perfective maintenance, as well as system enhancement. Another approach is to have this same capability available on a time and materials basis. We are also capable of providing full-service help desk operations with service level standards for response to trouble tickets and/or enhancement requests.
The Pyramid ARCHIBUS Value Proposition
Pyramid offers a differentiated end-to-end ARCHIBUS configuration, deployment, and support capability. We have a track record of successful delivery in complex environments. Our differentiation is based on:
- Deep ARCHIBUS and facilities management experience in the federal government market.
- Proven project team models to ensure coverage of all areas of the customer engagement, from business analysis to training and operational support. We assign expert personnel to key roles based on customer requirements.
- Highly defined management consulting approach to ensure business, functional, and technical requirements are captured and documented in a comprehensive manner.
- CMMI Maturity Level 3 based implementation model and Iterative Solution Development Methodology, which allows us to accelerate solution delivery, involve customer personnel more effectively, and reduce overall costs.
- Our consulting partnership with ESRI, the leading provider of GIS technology. We are able to integrate ARCHIBUS and ESRI in innovative ways, allowing our customers to visualize their infrastructure and asset data and make informed decisions.
- Robust technical support offerings (help desks, on-site support, corrective and adaptive maintenance support) that can be configured to exactly meet client needs.